A ‘Day in the Life’ of a Canadian football player
The Chatham Sports Hall of Fame recently sat down with CKSS grad and current CFL football player Zach Lindley to find out what “a Day in the Life” of a Canadian Football player was like.
Lindley, who is the starting safety for the Montreal Alouettes, provided his daily routine:
- 6:15AM wake-up, wash face, brush teeth, walk to the Montreal Metro St. with a protein shake at 6:35AM.
- Arrive at Team Facility – Olympic Stadium at 7:05AM, workout & drills until a 7:35 sauna,
- 7:50AM shower, 8:00-Breakfast, 8:20 Physio Treatment.
- 9:00AM Team meeting, Special Team meeting, Defensive meeting, Positional meeting.
- 11:15-11:40 Prepare for Practice,
- 11:45 -bus to McGill Field (game days)
- 12:30-2:30 Practice,
- 2:35 Bus back to Olympic Stadium,
- 3:15 Lunch, 3:30-4:30, more Physio, Stretch, hot tub / cold tub,
- 4:30- Metro back to Apartment.